Yes and no.

Dental crowns and veneers can't be used to adjust the position where the tooth comes out of the gum line. But gum surgery can be performed to make such an adjustment.

The common approach is for the gum line of the shorter-looking tooth to be repositioned further up, so the crowned portion of this tooth is longer and therefore matches the look of its neighbor. This is often referred to as gum sculpting and we explain this procedure here.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Please answer the question so we know you're a human.