It's minor surgery.

The actual procedure is simple enough. The area is numbed up with anesthetic (pretty much the same way as for a routine filling or extraction). The tissue is excised and sutures placed.

Depending on how large the wound is, you may have some swelling or have to take care not to disrupt the area for a day or two when eating and such.

Lots of general dentists likely offer this service. If not, then a periodontist or oral surgeon could do the procedure.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Please answer the question so we know you're a human.