Reference sources used for topic Dental Plans.
Topic created: June 2003
Last revision / evaluation: 04/29/14
Animated-Teeth.com authorship information.
Friedman, J. The Complete Guide to Dental Health: How to Avoid Being Overcharged and Overtreated. Consumer Reports Books. Copyright 2002.
Lake, M. How to Save Your Smile and Your Wallet: Dentistry: Myths and Realities, A Patient's Guide. BookSurge Publishing. Copyright 2006.
Brill, W. A Consumer's Guide to Dental Insurance: How to Select the Best Plan for You and Your Family. IUniverse, Inc. Copyright 2000.
Full menu for this topic -
- Overview of types of dental plans & financial arrangements. - Pros / Cons / Features to look for.
- Types of dental insurance. - Traditional, HMO, PPO. / Open & Closed Panels.
- Procedure classifications: Preventive, Basic & Major dental services.
- How benefits are calculated. - Fee schedules. / UCR fees.
- Common policy limitations and restrictions. - Wait periods, pre-existing conditions, benefit caps.
- Alternative ways to pay for dentistry. - Discount plans, dental financing, cash discounts.
- Assistance programs. - Aid for people in need.
Related topics -
- Cost estimates for assorted dental procedures.