Looking for a different quiz? Click here to see the complete list of Animated-Teeth.com
dental health lessons
Creating a web page or blog post containing links to dental activities for students?
If so, please include this quiz. Copy and paste the code below.
Questions list : The Tongue Anatomy Quiz.
This is the questions list from our Tongue Anatomy quiz. If you want to "study up" before taking the exam, you can find information about the tongue and tongue structures here on our
Tongue Anatomy lesson - Terms and definitions page.
For each question of the quiz, an arrow in the picture will point to a structure or landmark on the tongue. The choices you will be given as answers include: Median Sulcus, Foramen Cecum, Anterior Tongue, Posterior Tongue, Foliate Papilae, Circumvallate Papilae, Fungiform Papilae, Filiform Papilae. Good luck with the test!
You'll be asked: What aspect of the tongue does the arrow point to?
- Question #1: This large fissure runs down the center of the tongue.
- Question #2: Six to twelve of these large dome-shaped structures can be found in a v-shaped row at the back of the tongue
- Question #3: These mushroom-shaped structures are mainly found at the tip and sides of the tongue.
- Question #4: This part of the tongue can move around freely.
- Question #5: These ridges and grooves can be found along the sides of the back portion of the tongue.
- Question #6: This indentation lies at the back end of the groove that runs down the center of the tongue.
- Question #7: This part is also termed the base, or root, of the tongue.
- Question #8: These long, thin structures are found across the entire surface of the tongue.
Copyright © 2009 - 2011 WMDS, Inc. All rights reserved.