How much do partial dentures cost? -
This page provides fee estimates for the following categories of removable partial dentures:
- 1) Cast metal - Metal frame work partials.
- 2) Acrylic - Plastic partials, sometimes having wire clasps.
- 3) Flexible acrylic / Valplast® - Plastic partials having flexible plastic clasps.
"Per unit" fees.
In all cases, the costs shown on this page are for a single "unit," meaning one partial (either upper or lower).
While your situation may vary, in most cases the total number of teeth replaced by a partial, either large or small, has minimal impact on its overall price.
Fees for removable partial dentures.
A) Cast-metal partial dentures -
- Removable partial denture, cast metal framework - Upper or lower.
$950.00 - $1900.00
Low fee = Small rural city or town.
High fee = Large metropolitan area.
What is a cast partial?
Cast-metal partial dentures are so named because their underlying metal framework (substructure, major connector and tooth clasps) is custom fabricated (cast from metal alloy). Denture teeth and gum-colored plastic are then added to this framework to complete the appliance.
Cast partials are typically the standard by which other types of partial dentures are compared. Due to the advantages they offer (strength, durability, excellent fit and retention, minimal thickness), they are typically considered to be the preferred type for most applications.
B) Acrylic (hard plastic) partial dentures -
- Removable partial denture, acrylic (plastic) base - Upper or lower.
$650.00 - $1050.00
What are acrylic partial dentures?
As their name implies, the base portion (major connector) of an acrylic partial is made out of (gum-colored) plastic. The needed denture teeth and metal tooth clasps are embedded in this plastic base.
Acrylic partials are typically considered to be less desirable than cast ones (in terms of function, strength, durability and their effect on the patient's natural teeth). They do, however, offer the advantage that if more natural teeth are lost, additional artificial teeth can usually be added to the existing appliance. (A new partial does not have to be made, which is often the case with cast appliances.)
C) Acrylic (flexible plastic) -
- Removable partial denture, flexible (plastic) base (Valplast®) - Upper or lower.
$1000.00 - $1450.00
What are Valplast® partial dentures?
Flexible partial dentures (like Valplast® brand) are unique in the fact that both their base and tooth clasps are made out of a flexible tissue-colored plastic.
Their flexible nature can make wearing this type of appliance less irritating to teeth and soft tissues. In some instances, the fact that the clasps are the same color as gum tissue can help to make them less noticeable to others.
Full menu for this topic - ▼
▶ Denture Care -
- How to brush your dentures. - Brush selection. / Cleansers. / Precautions.
- Ultrasonic cleaners - Effectiveness / How they're used.
- Denture breath. - How to test yourself. / Cures.
▶ Denture Soaks -
- Homemade soaking solutions. - Vinegar-based. / Bleach-based. / Using mouthwash.
- Cleanser safety concerns. - Known issues. / Signs and symptoms. / What to do.
▶ Denture Costs -
- Partial dentures. ◀
- Complete (Full) dentures.
- Discount / Economy dentures.
- Related: Tooth extraction costs.