Choose a Topic Icon ... or click our All-Topics Button to select from our entire list of subjects.
Follow us! - New content. | New smile makeovers.
FYI - Just including the sweetener xylitol in your diet (an all-natural table sugar substitute) can help to reduce your tooth decay rate by over 60%. We've outlined everything you need to know on XylitolPreventsCavities.com.
▼ Here's a complete listing of topics covered on Animated-Teeth.com!
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Straightening Teeth
- Whitening Teeth
- Basic Dental Procedures
- Oral Surgery
- Costs & Insurance
- Oral Conditions
- Care and Prevention
- Activities for Students
- FYI Pages
- Fun Stuff
- Search Animated-Teeth.com
- Digital Smile Makeovers - Can we create a dental makeover simulation for you? Send in your own picture and we'll illustrate the types of cosmetic changes your own dentist should be able to make.
- Porcelain Veneers - Veneers are wafer-thin shells of porcelain that are bonded onto the front side of teeth so to give them a cosmetic resurfacing.
- Lumineers® Veneers - Lumineers® are a brand of porcelain veneer that can be made so thin that they can often be placed without having to trim back the tooth first.
- Dental Crowns - Dentists have been improving the appearance of teeth by way of placing crowns on them for decades.
- Dental Bonding - While typically not as lasting as other types of restorations, tooth bonding is an important cosmetic dentistry technique.
- Types of dental braces. - Old-style "wire" braces aren't the only choice any more. Nowadays you have a number of different orthodontic methods to choose from.
- Invisalign® - Invisalign® is a revolutionary orthodontic system that utilizes a series of removable clear plastic aligners to realign your teeth.
- Ceramic (clear) Braces - This aesthetically-pleasing variation of traditional braces involves the use of tooth-colored or clear orthodontic brackets.
- Lingual Braces - Systems like iBraces® are similar to traditional braces but they are placed on the backside of the patient's teeth where they can't be seen.
- Traditional Braces - The traditional tin-grin is "out" and a lot of cosmetically-pleasing options are "in," including fashion brackets and gold braces.
- Orthodontic Retainers - Don't overlook the fact that after having your teeth straightened, you'll need to wear dental retainers.
- Professional ("laser") Whitening - In-office treatments can make the best choice for people who feel they need whiter teeth immediately. In just a matter of an hour or two, a dentist can transform the color of your smile.
- Tray Whitening - This at-home technique involves the use of clear plastic "bleaching trays" that are first filled with whitening gel and then placed over your teeth. Individual treatments are performed each day, over some weeks, while the effects of the lightening process take place.
- Teeth Whitening Strips - Products like Crest Whitestrips® come close to creating the same whitening effect as tray-based systems, without the hassles of wearing bleaching trays.
- Paint-on Tooth Whiteners - Paint-on products offer a way to lighten teeth without the need for wearing trays or strips.
- Root Canal Treatment - Does your tooth require endodontic therapy? No dental procedure has more misconceptions associated with it than this one. Our pages try to put them to rest.
- Dental Crowns - Have you been told that your tooth needs a crown? Our pages explain the when's, why's, and how's of this procedure.
- Dental Bonding - Tooth bonding is routinely used to create "white" fillings for both front and back teeth.
- Dental Plans and Insurance - If you're looking for dental coverage, we can provide the information you need so you can make an informed choice.
- Cost estimates for dental procedures. - Our index can give you an idea of the costs associated with different types of dental treatments and procedures, and a heads-up about the types of choices and options you need to make with each of them.
- Tooth Extractions - Having a tooth pulled isn't nearly as scary if you know what to expect beforehand.
- Wisdom Teeth - Scheduled to have your wisdom teeth out? Learn the how's, why's and when's of this procedure before you have it done.
- Dry Sockets - If you're unlucky enough to have a dry socket after your extraction, our pages can help you get through it.
- Dental implants - These "artificial tooth roots" can be used to support a dental crown, bridge or denture.
- Tooth Decay - Are you having problems with cavities? Read our pages to learn why you don't have to.
- Preventing cavities with Xylitol. - What if there was a great-tasting, all-natural sugar substitute that could help to prevent cavities. Well, there is. It's xylitol.
- Dental Sealants - This procedure plastic coats strategic portions of a tooth so it's harder for cavities to form.
- Electric Toothbrushes - We think that anything that helps you to brush more effectively is a good idea. Powered toothbrushes can do just that.
- How to use dental floss. - If you're brushing your teeth but not flossing, you're just getting half of the job done.
- Baby teeth. - Our pages outline when a child's deciduous teeth come in, when they fall out and why keeping them in good shape is important.
- Denture Care - Tips and pointers about how to care for your dentures, both complete and partial.
- Sports Mouthguards - If you participate in sporting events, of pretty much any kind, you should be wearing an athletic mouthguard.
Dental eCards - Know someone who needs information (or a hint) about a dental procedure or condition? Or do you want to make an announcement about something you're having done with your teeth? If so, checkout our dental eCards section. They're free.
Lighthearted animations about dental topics.
- Turkey Breath - It's not just people who suffer from halitosis.
- Penguin Teeth Whitening - Let our huddle of penguins give you their opinion about teeth whitening.
- Electric Toothbrushes - Got a problem brusher. Maybe this animation will give them some motivation.
- Presidents with Braces - Who knew? Some of our most important Presidents have worn braces.